Just a Kid From an Island

Hello people of blog land, my name is Alex Flores and as my title suggests I'm just a kid from the middle of an ocean. I'm from the island of the country of the Philippines. This means that the things close to my country are water and more water. Surprisingly, I didn't play a lot of water sports growing up. I mainly played basketball. Things in life were simple until my family chose to move us to the states. I was about to go into high school when I moved and that is when I realized, I wasn't tall enough for my love of basketball. So I started playing lacrosse, which was what I put all of my frustration as everything around me was changing. At the time, sports was the only thing that stayed the same for me. Well that and my mom's cooking. 


 


  This makes me miss the food from back home. Honestly, that is what made pushed me in the creative process. I chose the background because it reminded me most of home. Also I chose the title because its what I am. For those that don't know what the word "Barangay" means its what we call areas in the Philippines equivalent to what we would call a district here in America. Then comes the font, this one is really simple. I honestly just liked the way it looked like handwriting. Honestly with this blog I don't expect it to be anything in particular as I mainly want to write about everything from my own perspective. So I guess you can call this blog a lifestyle blog. For the most part I chose this aesthetic because it isn't too loud and obnoxious. 

 That brings me to what makes me tick. There are only two things that make me ticked. The first is when people don't make good on their promises and the next is when something disturbs my peace. As you may get to realize through my writing relaxing and "vibing" is what I like to do the most. Usually this means writing music, playing video games, and cooking. So what you should expect from me this semester is a relaxing read every time. 

peace

-Alex    

 

Comments

Popular Posts