The Most Toxic Game

 

 

Hello Blog land, have you ever been playing a video game only for one of your teammates/opponents to be super toxic? It isn't the most fun thing to experience. In games players usually become toxic for one of two things, making an amazing play or getting out played by an opponent. This is called the "online disinhibition effect." This is when people show less restraint while online as opposed to when they communicate in person. 

Being a twitch streamer, I run into people like this all the time. 100% of the time the interactions are toxic. As a gamer, I can't say that I don't become toxic as well. This is because I respond differently to toxicity while I'm playing. If I am playing well and there is a player being toxic to me specifically, I usually let my playing do the talking. There are scenarios where I do become extremely toxic. This is when people are being toxic in game to my friends. 

I don't like it when my friends are the one's being harassed so usually if they are on the enemy team I speak up. Either I point out their KDA (Kill/Death/Assist Ratio), or I just make them stop talking by out preforming them. This usually makes the opposing player stop as they begin to have a horrible time in game.

Why would I keep playing if I always run into this kind of toxicity? Honestly, its for the wholesome moments when your own teammates can't hold back their excitement because you did something amazing. Making my friends happy is one of the best feelings. 

This is a clip from my stream, where I get an "ace" (when one player eliminates the whole enemy team) and the reason I'm attaching it is because of the pure excitement from my friends.

 

This is the reason I keep playing despite the level of toxicity I deal with.


Peace 

-Alex

 

Comments

Popular Posts