What Do They See?

 

 

Hello homies, I hope everyone is having a great day so far. The topic that we learned in class really made me think. This week we talked about the plethora of characters/personalities that we put on in front of different people. These personalities could be used online or in person. This topic put the question, "What do they see?" in my head. 

How do you portray yourself on social media? I feel like as though we have lives with our ups and downs we only show the good parts over social media. Sometimes we may do it without thinking of it. But, on social media I don't think you would post all of your personal baggage. From here I thought about how many different versions of myself I show to people. In my brainstorming, I came up with three. "Filtered me", this is the person I show when I'm around my parents and any type of authority figure. "Unfiltered me", this is what I show a majority of people. This version of me is pretty close to the real me minus all the baggage. This "Unfiltered me" is also the sole personality I show on the internet. Lastly, there is "Me" this is the one I only show my best friend/SO. Not many people get to this one. 

I think the reason that we always don't show our true selves is because not everyone we come across needs to see 100% of who we are. Ethically I think its fine. Online I still believe this is true, that its ok not to be 100% yourself. The reason I believe this is because not everyone needs to know my deepest darkest secrets when social in itself is at face value.

Keeping up this front isn't always great for you, just because it takes a lot out of a person. Keeping a mask on to hide your true self gets exhausting. So I guess what I'm saying is that its ok to be yourself from time to time because all these masks and faces we wear are heavy. So don't wear one forever because you might just forget what the person underneath was like.

 

Peace

-Alex  

Comments

Popular Posts