Reflection on the Semester

 


I think this semester was interesting to say the least. One of my favorite things to learn about was the online disinhibition effect. I think this is because I never realized how much being online could cause the average human to become unfiltered. This is because I feel as though they can do anything without any repercussions. I also saw it as interesting because of the fact that I would experience it in my daily life as a streamer while playing a game. I always come into contact with toxic players and it is the perfect example of the effect.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I think that the most boring aspect was talking about activism on social media. this is simply because the conversation that we had in class focused more on whether it actually works. I feel like "Slacktivism" is so useless because one is not really doing anything for the movement. It usually just happens where the person calls that the person's due diligence. But for movements to become true, they need to go beyond social media and stat action.

I think applying the things I learn from this class are easy to apply to my life because the gist of what this class has taught me is to question everything and make decisions based on what I learn. I think this class teaches awareness and I think that its the easiest thing to apply to life. This just means I can't be rash with my decisions. 

Comments

Popular Posts